stump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:) Hi everyone, new to this site, and have a question.

In my back garden i have a tree stump about 26" high and 48" dia. I would like to turn it into a garden table.

What i need is a largish piece of tree trunk about 3" thick, cut off a much larger dia tree, to create the table top. I have searched everywhere for the right piece without any joy, and wondered if anyone can help

Sponsored Links
Problem with a slice that size (or a lot smaller) is that it will split as soon as it starts to dry out.

Jason

have a look for a saw mill on the internet or yellow pages, they may be able to help you out, but as jason says you will have to be prepared for it splitting etc

Thanks chaps for the feedback.

Any other ideas for making a table top?

Sponsored Links
If you still want a chuncky look then make it up from a number of say 6"x2" boards with battens running at right angles. You could make it round or square. As its going outside something like air dried oak would be suitable, where abouts are you as I can suggest suppliers in SE.

Jason

Jasonb said:
If you still want a chuncky look then make it up from a number of say 6"x2" boards with battens running at right angles. You could make it round or square. As its going outside something like air dried oak would be suitable, where abouts are you as I can suggest suppliers in SE.

Jason

I am in Suffolk, Ipswich area.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back