Submain breaker/fusing

Onevery last question; why do the DNO bother to install an incoming service fuse if on TT systems, the fuse is unlikely to blow and protect the circuit?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Should my garage sub main have rcd protection or is this just for a TT supply? The electrician who designed the circuit and did my CU has it on a switchfuse but no RCD, the supply is TNS.

That adaptable box needs altering too, as live and neutral enter through seperate holes which is not allowed.

What if they are not seperate holes, what if the sparky has run a hacksaw beween all three holes so they are essentially one hole?

Can you upload some recent photos?
Is the supply end of the armour earthed?

That adaptable box needs altering too, as live and neutral enter through seperate holes which is not allowed.

What if they are not seperate holes, what if the sparky has run a hacksaw beween all three holes so they are essentially one hole?

That is an acceptable way of preventing eddy currents, providing the apropriate IP rating is still maintained.

I was wondering that too, now that it terminates into a plasting box.

I'd have kept the metal box and just thru crimped the tails straight onto the SWA.

I was wondering that too, now that it terminates into a plasting box.

I'd have kept the metal box and just thru crimped the tails straight onto the SWA.

SWA was earthed at supply via the gland banjo into 16mm terminating at an earth block that was installed in the meter box... so it is earthed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back