Subsidised insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was in B+Q this weekend and noticed the sub'd insulation has ended. The staff member I spoke to said it 'may' come back in 2013. Anyone know the story behind this?

Cheers

Gary

Sponsored Links
You can still get it through other methods, like through British gas (you don't have to be with them I think).

I suspect too many tradesmen bought it in B&Q, after all it wasn't policed.

I suspect too many tradesmen bought it in B&Q, after all it wasn't policed.
'Tis true.

We used to buy a van full each time an extension needed it.

Apparently there was a limit to what any individual could buy. However, when i questioned a staff member he said that quotas meant nothing and that i could buy the same amount the next day if i wish.

I did only buy what i needed for that particular job and have not got a lock-up full of fibreglass!

Sponsored Links
According to my local 'trade point' (who don't have a single concrete lintel of any size or span) The british gas subsidy ended about 3 months ago and B&Q have been subsidising it themselves at a cost of 50,000 per week to the company.

:rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back