Suggestions for Car Turning Area please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is not for the whole car but just for the front wheels where they go over the grass in my driveway. I want to create a half moon shape in the corner where the path joins the driveway. Both are edged with ..well...edging and the path is block and the driveway tarmac. If all that makes sense ?

Thought about a another section of block, the area is about 4ft x 4ft but with the edging it would be difficult to get the blocks right to the edge...without a lot of chopping of the cement that holds the edging in place and a fair bit of block cutting for the curve of the half moon. I didn't want to try and get edging to curve in such a small area and was thinking of leaving the lawn side open and let the grass fall over the edge. Obviously using cement to hold the blocks in place on that edge

Alternative would be a hardcore base topped with gravel and have to brush the gravel back in place when a tire goes over it....

Any suggestions welcome on the above please...

Sponsored Links
Ah...pavingexpert....great website..thanks for the reminder...I like a number of those options....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back