Suggestions needed on positioning of cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, would really welcome some advice. I am in the process of purchasing a house which has really odd (in my opinion anyway!!) positioning of the cooker (albeit there is no longer a cooker there).

It intend renting the property and am trying to think of where else I could position a standard size cooker. Obviously the window/sink is out of the question and am reluctant to lose a lot of the cupboard space to put it on the opposite wall.

From the photo given, does anyone have any ideas - or opinions as to the current positioning.

Many, many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Are you putting a new kitchen in?
Remember moving the cooker will mean you then have to supply power to it.
So either alterations or new services will be required.

Thanks for the reply. I am intending keeping the original kitchen.

I've just never seen a cooker in such a position and wonder if it will put people off. More importantly, whether it meets any safety regulations or not.

in the centre of where the cooker currently is, and fill in the gaps with worktop.

The cable going to the cooker hood must be rerouted. It is not acceptable to have it dangling behind the cooker.

Sponsored Links
Yes a cable cannot be draped over the top of a cooker hob, the socket to the right of cooker is a bit closer than recommended but it is only guidance rather than a requirement.
Other than that by photo seems okay.
If you are becoming a landlord you have a duty of care to your tenants so gas and electrics should be inspected and tested.
If your not putting new kitchen in, I would not mess about swapping things about.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back