Summer house Foundation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all.
I am tomorrow going to look at a little job for a friend. He is going to buy a summer house. I think he said that it is around 3.6 by 3.6 metres. The people supplying the shed said that they could lay a foundation of crush and run and then lay some flags on top. All for around £400.

Two questions.

1. Is that a reasonable price?. I only found out tonight about the job, so I have no idea of costs and have not yet had the chance to price it up.

2. What would be the best foundation for this type of application?

I thought that a concrete slap would suffice, since this would be hidden by the building above it. But am unsure about the make up of the foundation. Many years ago I helped my former employer lay a foundation and base for a double garage. I remember many layers, steel mesh and stuff, but it is all very hazy. And if most of my experience of working with him is anything to go by, this little project was over engineered. I have partly read a few pages on a very helpful website 'Paving Expert', but there is so much info there.

If anyone could give me some good detailed info I would be very grateful.

May also need to consider drainage. If the summer house has any type of guttering.

The base is to be positioned far far away from the house at the very end of the garden.

Thanks again

Jr

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back