Summer house untreated wood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Please can someone recommend suitable products for use on untreased shiplap wood for use on a summerhouse.

Whilst my builer was under the instruction to obtain pressure treated, non treated has turned up. Whilst that is an issue in itself, I'm in the situation where I need to treat the wood asap.

I want to paint the outside as assume that will be the most durable option over oiling (???) but I also need to treat the inner side of the wood facing the damp proof membrane.

Unfortuantely, I need to do this before the builder comes back to fit the shiplap so against the clock. Any recommendation on products?

To save on time would oiling the inner facing side of the panel be better and once cladding fitted, paint the outside (aware there will be a crossover of oil on one side and paint on the other near the shiplap joins).

In addition to the inner side and outer side, there will also be plenty of end grain cuts to treat.

Many thanks,
Simon

Sponsored Links
I recommend Barrettine wood preserver

I used it on my garden office featheredge and found it really good, it’s solvent based and soaked into sawn timber really quickly, it’s not so good on planed timber

you can get their wood protector from toolstation but I don’t think that has the same protection against fungi and rot

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back