Summerhouse flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I am in the process of building a summer house 4.6m x 2.4m
the base is 4 x2 3 lengths across the 4.6m and front to back is on 500 centres.
On top of this there is 18mm osb3.

Originally I was looking at reclaimed floorboards, but that is a bit beyond my budget.
Then I thought of 6x1 planed timber but thats still dear.
Last and latest idea is gravel boards.

I know they will need sanding but its not a huge area.
Any issues if its been treated?

I intend to either stain or colour wash.

Any pitfulls I havent spotted?
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I used a really rustic oak Kronospan floor in my garden cabin.

I know it’s not real, but by the time it’s all furnished it looks pretty authentic to me.

Each pack has about 6 or so different boards, so it’s pretty difficult to spot a pattern repeat

If you seal them then I can't see there being an issue. If you opt not to seal them then the closest thing to "an issue" I can think of would be that if you drop food on the floor you might want to think twice about picking it up and eating it.

Sponsored Links
If you seal them then I can't see there being an issue. If you opt not to seal them then the closest thing to "an issue" I can think of would be that if you drop food on the floor you might want to think twice about picking it up and eating it.
Thanks.
Thats what we have a dog for !!!!

I will probably sand them down and either stain or colour wash and varnish for protection.

I know its treated, but surely a light sanding outside with mask and dust collection cant be that bad

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back