Sundial Y plan Diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
valve sticks in the the CH only position .In this position , the synchron motor is activated. I don't think the motor is at fault, because I've tested it; it turns when connected to a 240 v supply with a resistance of approx 70Kohms . This is the fifth motor (in the same system) I've had in 10 years. I suspect the problem is with the rest of the valve i.e micro switches , toothed quadrant etc, . I've saved some old motors ; I think the gearing wears out before the electric bits!
Motor about £30, complete valve £100 ? Appreciate comments and help!

Sponsored Links
About £7 for a motor and £35 for a mid-position valve - not Honeywell of course.

Sounds like the wiring's all wrong, or something. You shouldn't be getting faults with anything like that frequency, even if the valve isn't a genuine Honeywell.

Sponsored Links
Maybe you should get a pro in to find and correct the real problem. if your controls are not installed properly, you can easily add a hundred quid a year to your gasbill.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back