Sunvic 107 XLS Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am on my second Sunvic 107 XLS, the first was replaced under warranty and the new one now has the same problem.

Every now and then it factory resets itself switching off the heating. I then have to reinput all the details. Sometimes it'll happen several days one after the other, sometimes it will be months apart.

I know there is a battery backup which should retain the settings, but it doesn't and we have had no power cuts.

I rang the Sunvic helpline and they said the unit may not be seated properly on the backplate, but I've checked this and it is OK. They also alluded to problems in Ireland where voltage fluctuations cause problems, but said they shouldn't happen here. I've never seen this sort of thing before and we have so many other timers in the house which aren't affected I find this difficult to believe.

Is this piece of kit just unreliable?? If so, is there anything I can replace it with without having to do any rewiring.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back