Sunvic TLX 6501

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me - we had that power cut on last Friday and when the power came back on, everything resumed working. But I can’t seem to turn my central heating on.

I’ve included a photo with this post - that’s my thermostat and I need that three lined wheel to come on (next to the sun sign).

Can anyone please advise me how to get this up and running again. My boiler is fine and everything is working fine.

Attachments

• 92BC2E3D-96F7-4106-BB2E-B211FC112BAF.png
    92BC2E3D-96F7-4106-BB2E-B211FC112BAF.png
    145.3 KB · Views: 414
Sponsored Links
Okay... I will turn the temperature up or down, hoping it helps. I saw a technician advise that perhaps I need to shut down the central heating from the mains, take the thermostat off the wall and put it near the boiler for the signal to be picked up again. Does that make sense?
Any other advise will be greatly appreciated. But thank you so much for replying and giving me some hope. Really appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
ae235
This is the thermostat I had, not quite the same model but similar, slowly the RF link became worse and worse, started it worked fine in living room, in the end it had to face the receiver in the kitchen. It seemed such valve for money to start with, but be it due to mother putting in a draw, batteries going flat, or being put out of range, once it lost contact even being placed right next to receiver it would do nothing. So if heating was set to 20 and room was at 18 then had to set to 16 wait for it to send signal to base, then set back to 20 for it to work. Also on that model bottom left hand button switched it off, and as a free thermostat using the stand rather than fixed on the wall that off button seemed to be where peoples thumb went if they picked it up, and for some reason people pick things up to look at them. I returned to the old thermostat
84067_P
in the end, which had fail safe built in, the old one would auto switch off if no signal in ½ hour and also had anti hysteresis software built in, it worked far better, now moved house so use
1799X_P
as it also sets domestic water heating, and is hard wired so no worries about RF links.

Sponsored Links
Manually turn the thermostat all the way down, then all the way back up to max wait a few seconds and it should come on, then set it back to the normal temp setting

You guys are angels! Thank you so much everyone for helping out. It’s back on and all is good. Seriously you all are the bestest! God bless. Really appreciate this. Big hugs to everyone xx

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back