super fresco wallpaper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have in the past hung a considerable quantity of generally cheap wallpaper on a DIY basis. I am about to paper a large room with super fresco. Do any of the pro' decorators have any hints and tips which may be of help.

TIA

Sponsored Links
First. Check the batch numbers.
Second. Mix some paste at home saving you some time, instead of watching Fatima Whitbread.

Set off early, saves time otherwise spent sat in traffic.
Assuming the walls have already been sanded down and sized or lined...Set your boards up, Measure lengths, cut on boards, paste a couple and whilst allowing to soak, strike a vertical line down the wall for your first length and try to have it so you work towards the doorway and away from the light. Hang your first length, sponge off paste at the top and skirting, then, paste another, hang the next and that's it. Probably the easiest paper to hang.

To spice things up for myself, I write times on each wall at the end of a run before I start ( I know, i know, sad but..) i.e..first wall at the end, 10am...second wall 12-15..third..1.45 and last wall 3.30pm.
So you'll be finished for about 4.30.
Get stuck in.

;)

As Growler says, check the batch numbers. On papers to be painted, tha batch number refers to the thickness of the embossing and some can be thinner than others even though they are the same pattern. As it has a flat back it doesnt need a long soaking time, but you can paste 3 or 4 lengths then start to put the first one on. Always start the furthest corner from the door then work back to the left and the right till you get back to the door way. Make sure the edges dont dry out. Dont be afraid to put plenty of paste on, it will laways dry out but not enough and you got it falling off.

Sponsored Links
As Growler says, check the batch numbers. On papers to be painted, tha batch number refers to the thickness of the embossing and some can be thinner than others even though they are the same pattern. As it has a flat back it doesnt need a long soaking time, but you can paste 3 or 4 lengths then start to put the first one on. Always start the furthest corner from the door then work back to the left and the right till you get back to the door way. Make sure the edges dont dry out. Dont be afraid to put plenty of paste on, it will laways dry out but not enough and you got it falling off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back