super room stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can any1 help

i have just brought a new room stat (model siemens rev100) and the one i need for my boiler has to be voltage free contacts, now have been to plumbing and heating shops and they dont seam to have a clue on how this thing wires up. there is a wiring diagram inclueded but its not very clear

it stats it has a N.O free contact is this the bit i connect to my boiler

http://www.uk-plumbing.com/siemens-...-p-1361.html?gclid=COye4MvthJQCFQU11Aod9guRWw[/url]

cheers dave..

Sponsored Links
Connect l and l1 they make the circuit , doesnt matter if they are switching voltage or not , it is capable of volt free or up to 240v switching

my boiler is the ferolli optimax he 38c and it stats that the the connections from the stat need to be voltage free

my boiler is the ferolli optimax he 38c and it stats that the the connections from the stat need to be voltage free
The L and L1 terminals of the REV100 are voltage free. So you just connect these to your boiler. It does not matter which way round.

Sponsored Links
They are volt free or volt switching it doesnt matter which sytem it is used on , it make the circuit whether it is switching no voltage or up to 240 v

not so sure, take a look at the wiring diagram.
I can see your confusion.

The purpose of any switch is to complete a circuit. This implies that there will be a voltage across the open terminals and a current flowing through them when closed.

The A.C 24...250V just means that this is the maximum voltage which the switch can handle. It does not mean that the terminals are supplying that voltage.

Your boiler is the type which has a permanent mains supply connected to it. To make the boiler run a pair of terminals on the boiler's circuit board have to be connected together; this is done when the switch between L and L1 closes. The voltage across the terminals will depend on the boiler, but will not be greater than the mains 240v.

Hope that clear up the confusion. You can safely connect L and L1 to the boiler terminals.

cheers i have had this room stat for a week now and was scared to wire it up. i reckon the p.c.b board for my boiler is expensive,

so what do you do i ask myself??? you ask thr people that know

hmmmmm

the more people i ask. the more confused i get :confused:

i am going to go for it tomorrow.

its make or break time ;) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back