Supplementary bonding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am currently fitting my new bathroom and I am using plastic pipe for all plumbing. However since i have all the earth clamps etc. I am still going to run all the bonding to all the pipes and then connect to the main earth terminal in the bathroom light.
main query here though is for my combi boiler system, do i connect each pipe up to one another and then just run it back to the main earthing on the combi bolier? if not where do i tie these earths in place.
Cheers for any info

Sponsored Links
Read up on supplementary bonding.

Then measure between all extraneous parts and the MET.

Then decided whether you need to bother with the bonding. Doing it because you think you should is not good enough.

As for your combi boiler, is it in the bathroom zones? If so, proceed as above, if not, you need to ask whether any bonding is required at all.

There is no validity in the maxim that it is never wrong to bond.

You do not bond plastic pipes, it is totally pointless. Just bond class 1+2 equipment as usual. Just because you have the clamps doesn't mean you have to use them, you are just creating more joints which can fail at a later date.

Davy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back