supplementry bonding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys, i have a query relating to suplementry bonding in a bathroom. i plan to bond , with 4mm earth cable, my lights, shaver point, exttractor fan and hot and cold for bath and basin and also radiator. The shaver and the lights (low voltage downlighters, therefore dble insulated) are both on the same circuit, my query is can i bond to the cpc of this circuit therefore covering both my lights and shave point?

Sponsored Links
Yes. You could choose to exclude the SELV lighting, but I would do it, then if in the future, you add or replace with Class I fittings, then it is done ready.

thanks secure spark. just to further the point, can i bond to a junction box in the loft, this is where the supply for my lights and shaver split?

further to my last point. would it be possible to, cross bond hot and cold of bath and basin and then bond all these to my shaver point therefore covering the lights aswell as they are both on the same circuit?

Sponsored Links
further to my last point. would it be possible to, cross bond hot and cold of bath and basin and then bond all these to my shaver point therefore covering the lights aswell as they are both on the same circuit?

Yes, you only need to bond to one cpc on each circuit entering the shower/bathroom.
Considering you have your shaver point on the same circuit as your lighting, and fan I assume? you could take a 4mm supplementary bonding conductor from either the fan, fan isolator, shaver point, lighting junction box or light switch then cross bond all pipework - hot, cold, ch flow and ch return.

thanks garymo, and would it be possible to bond to a jb in the loft where these circuits branch off, or do i have to bond to the particular accesory itself?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back