Supplier fitted wrong boiler but saying it's ok

Um, if you bought a bmw330d and they delivered you a 316 saying it would still get from Birmingham to Manchester would you accept it?

I,d say take both of them back unless you can supply a base ball cap and some good quality weed.

Sponsored Links
It's all relative though, you may feel that the shower is good enough with the current setup whereas someone else may not.

I would probably be happy enough, give that the supply pressure and flow was good enough, to have that shower connected to that boiler. Anything else at the same time may be an issue though.

It is so simple!

He contracted to supply and fit a 35 kW.

That's what you need to get him to fit. THEN you pay him.

Most installers would ask for the cost of the boiler to be paid when it is delivered to site.

That's to guard against non payers and fulfil cash flow needs.

Tony

Most installers probably don't, but carry on guessing Tony. I always took a deposit on the point of order, and certainly before confirming a date. Others here (probably the big barstewards) work on trust and get paid on completion.

Sponsored Links
Cool thanks guys. Car analogy is the on I used too haha (I drive 330e though).

As we're on it, got any tips on a good shower for this then? I wouldve liked a straight drop rain type shower but if youre sceptical on this boiler I can stick to something more traditional. (I just want to get up in the morning and have great shower).
You need to find a shower head that will cope with low-flow situations...something like this which has stated flow rates for different pressures and would seem to be compatible based on the provided spec. This Bristan one might also be compatible as it says it works down to 0.2 bar, but no flow rates are given

As we're on it, got any tips on a good shower for this then? I wouldve liked a straight drop rain type shower but if youre sceptical on this boiler I can stick to something more traditional.

Your current choice of shower will give > 8L/min at 0.2 bar at either outlet, therefore will perform OK with low pressure so I would say that the one you have chosen is suitable for your system but again we come down to what your system can deliver, pressure and flow wise and what you deem is good enough.

Good info chaps.

But as you're mentioning 0.2 bar and 8l/m here I'm guessing that the 14.5l/m boiler when it's ONLY servicing the shower will be significantly better than "OK" you advise at 8l/m?

What I mean by OK is that the shower will work at 0.2 bar and give you 8/9 L/min. So it will work happily as a low pressure shower.

If your mains can deliver more than that, say a dynamic pressure of at least 1bar with an adequate flow rate then you will probably max you boiler HW output with a mixed flow rate of >19L/min, which in my book would be a great shower.

Without knowing the mains and system delivery figures though it's not possible to be accurate though your plumber should be able to work all this out by being on-site.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back