Supplier for Lots of Sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I need to buy around 50 double sockets for the cottage I am working on, also some FCU's and light switches.

Now I am thinking normal white to go with the simple minimal look the house will be decorated, but don't want cheap looking B&Q style.

Anyone know of a good make and supplier that I should look at?

Always hard to tell online what these things really look like.

Cheers,
Will

Sponsored Links
If you want good quality white, I would use MK Logic Plus.

I have always used TLC to buy my wiring accessories, but found toolstation slightly cheaper for my CU.

I always like to go for MK Logic plus - double sockets can be had for around £3 each.

Sponsored Links
MK Logic Plus does indeed look nice. Well as nice as a socket can look I guess.

This project is so exciting. Spend my life looking at these things, just been looking at sewage inspection chambers online. Oh dear :)

With that amount of work opening an account with a local builder's merchant will save you a considerable amount. Even a cash account ( you pay when you buy ) will give significant discounts.

I have always used TLC to buy my wiring accessories, but found toolstation slightly cheaper for my CU.

MK are cream or off white , Crabtree are white.

Regards,

KA

I use Crabtree for most decent domestics. MK sockets are good, but their switches are really cr@p these days.

Legrand would also get my vote - used to use them a lot, but nowhere locally stocks them these days, so more expensive when required.

Regards,

KA

Maybe 30 years ago dummy.

MK sockets are WHITE.

Screwfix seem as good as anywhere on price, and have really fast delivery.

What's with the new name KFA?

Regards,

KA

You are right - I have recently fitted them against a white wall and they def. look off white. Didn't notice against the other neutrally coloured walls though.

Yes, don't understand their "logic" in not having a white option.

Regards,

KA

About on a par really.

Crabtree are made by electrium, and we all know about their recent issues over product quality.

MK have also started corner cutting, and the quality has suffered as a result, but personally I would stick with MK.

They are still the best, and should anything ever fail, you'll be able to get a matching replacemet for many many years to come.

Also consider ashley or hager as they are now

Perhaps not upto the standard of MK, but better than the brands no one has heard off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back