Supplier needed for flexible t-edging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - i'm trying to source a supplier of T edging strip - the stuff with the barb that simply gets knocked into a groove around the edge of cabinets - usually the edging is 16mm and has a couple of tiny lips to cover any bad edging on laminates/veneers.

edging.jpg

The above picture shows the type of edging, you can get plain colours, but the one i'm particularly after is the glossy finished timber effect stuff.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Steve

Sponsored Links
Hi Steve

It depends on how much you need. I have a trade supplier who does the stuff, but it's trade quantities only. What length/colour do you need?

Scrit

H Scrit - i'll probably need 100m of the stuff - as i've never found any sample boards to look at i'm unsure of the colour, but its a dark wood effect hi-gloss as per the picture above that would suit me fine.

:)
thanks for the reply

Steve

At that quantity I'd talk to Ney in Coventry as they are one of the few importers in the UK. I've used the stuff on PoS stands and some caravan interiors (I do CNC sub-con machining as well as joinery) and that photo looks awfully like the interior of a motor caravan. If you have no joy with them come back to me as I might be able to source something suitable from one of my shop fit colleagues

Scrit

Sponsored Links
Thank you scrit - just downloading the PDF catalogue from Ney, they look like just the place - thanks again. :D

hi folks - thanks for the pointer to ney, but it looks like they won't be able to help with a small order (small to them, large to me), if i were prepared to order around a kilometer of the stuff i can have it made in whatever profile i want, and colour matched to any laminate i would like. Which i great but i'd have over 900m of the stuff left over :)

You are correct - the photo is of a motorhome, and there are one or two manufacturers using the high gloss edging to great effect, which i'm hoping to emulate. I've approached one of the manufacturers, and they are not willing to sell any parts or materials.

So its back to the drawing board, unless anyone knows of other stockists / suppliers ?

Thanks in advance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back