Suppliers Fuse

I have just rung Southern Electric to arrange for them to draw the service fuse to allow an isolating switch to be fitted between the meter and C/U. They asked if I was using a qualified electrician and if so he would be able to do this. When I explained that I would be fitting the switch, they refused point blank to do it. When I said, ok then, how much would you charge to come and fit the isolating switch, they said they'd ring after Xmas.....
I had hoped to fit the new consumer unit before 1st Jan to avoid Part P.
Is it normal for REC's to follow this line? Is there any hope left for DIYers in this paranoid, litigious, H & S obsessed apology of a country??? :confused:

Sponsored Links
i would just pull out the fuse and get on with it but thats me.

anyway as long as you have started your rewire before january and you finish it by april its no covered by part poo

Sponsored Links
pete5996 said:
I have just rung Southern Electric to arrange for them to draw the service fuse to allow an isolating switch to be fitted between the meter and C/U. They asked if I was using a qualified electrician and if so he would be able to do this.

nice. do you have sealed fuses there? do they come a replace them after you break them? kinda defeats the point in them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back