Supply to shed!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm wiring a brick shed and I've got 2.5mm SWA running into it then i'm going to connect it to a socket then to a light switch etc via a FCU.
One thought...
Is there anything wrong with the input to the shed going straight into the FCU(used as a light switch) and taking the socket supplies directly from the input of this FCU?

Sponsored Links
Basically its OK to do that but an important qualifying question question to start with:

How will you be connecting the supply at the house end?

What route does the cable take to get to the shed?

How long is it?

How/where have you glanded it at each end?

Do you know that this is notifiable?

Sponsored Links
Is there anything wrong with the input to the shed going straight into the FCU(used as a light switch) and taking the socket supplies directly from the input of this FCU?

That way would be three cables and an swa gland into a single box, nothing wrong with that, but there would be more room if you first went into a twin socket box.
You can still wire your switch spur for the light between any of the sockets or the end of the run.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back