Support for worktop next to sliding door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm installing a worktop in the utility room. I have 1 x 60cm unit for the sink, next to a washing machine, which is in the corner.

I would normally support it with a batten on the end by the w/m, but that wall is a sliding pocket door. I don't think I can screw anything into it without messing with the door.

I'm wondering if an end panel would work - 20mm ply, screwed to the worktop with brackets, sitting on the floor and glued to the wall with sticks like sh*t or similar. Is that feasible?

Thanks in advance

Pete

Sponsored Links
If it were me, existing floor permitting, I'd have fixed it at the bottom with two small angle brackets too.

Thanks. Brand new ceramic tiles on the floor. My life wouldn't be worth living if I cracked one...

You could use a chrome /white leg to front with rubber stop in the end so as not to damage tiles.(Wardrobe rail cut to size )
Or glue baton to wall.

Sponsored Links
I'm installing a worktop in the utility room. I have 1 x 60cm unit for the sink, next to a washing machine, which is in the corner.

I would normally support it with a batten on the end by the w/m, but that wall is a sliding pocket door. I don't think I can screw anything into it without messing with the door.

I'm wondering if an end panel would work - 20mm ply, screwed to the worktop with brackets, sitting on the floor and glued to the wall with sticks like sh*t or similar. Is that feasible?

Thanks in advance

Pete
Yes, that's what I would do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back