Suprima 120 L

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any ideas,boiler fires up sits on low rate for about 15-20 secs does this three times and locks out.
:confused:

Sponsored Links
Yeah i would go with that as its had an upgrade kit loom etc,in addition its had electrodes, gas valve,and new fan driver board and control board.
So tommorow its gettin a burner if that fails..........do you think a sledge hammer would help :LOL:

I've had a couple which were ridiculously fussy about gas pressure. They did what yours is doing.

Sponsored Links
Yeah i would go with that as its had an upgrade kit loom etc,in addition its had electrodes, gas valve,and new fan driver board and control board.
So tommorow its gettin a burner if that fails..........do you think a sledge hammer would help :LOL:

go on my son if you need to borrow mine let me know

Yeah "fussy" gas presures the usual suspect on this model, however this one is working at 18mb ,it does not even attempt to "RAMP UP " :mad: .
But hey thanks to all replies up to now,anyone else up for ideas and thanks..................

Any ideas,boiler fires up sits on low rate for about 15-20 secs does this three times and locks out.
:confused:

Because it's wired up wrong.

New fan drivers issue 3 should be 65secs on low rate

inlet gas pressure is?

Is it a vertical flue?

It isn't wired up wrong as it has not been re-wired since it stopped working,inlet standing is 26mb,working on low rate is 18mb.no not v flue.if low rate time is 65sec any other ideas ?

Have you checked the fan rates at -4mb and -17.5mb

Did you check the wiring is correct?

It isn't wired up wrong as it has not been re-wired

thats the oldest mistake in the book! never assume anything, especially where unusual faults are occuring. I once went to a profile that was acting oddly. The customer assured me no electrical work had been carried out. I was very close to ordering up a new pcb, when I decided to just double check electrics....reverse polarity. Something had gone amiss with the ecu, gawd knows what, reversing the polarity in the whole house, unbelieveably it was only the boiler that failed!

It isn't wired up wrong as it has not been re-wired

thats the oldest mistake in the book! never assume anything, especially where unusual faults are occuring. I once went to a profile that was acting oddly. The customer assured me no electrical work had been carried out. I was very close to ordering up a new pcb, when I decided to just double check electrics....reverse polarity. Something had gone amiss with the ecu, gawd knows what, reversing the polarity in the whole house, unbelieveably it was only the boiler that failed!

i had a similar experience with a keston 170 about 5-6 years ago again checked all the boiler wiring, all ok. checked fused spur - reversed supply!!

Strange,on return boiler fired ramped up working pressure on max as i was able to measure it this time was low at 11mb,wiring is correct,but as i turned up with a burner i changed it along with the fan.
Fan signal pressure all o.k
No assumptions were made as to wiring,as initial checks were all o.k.

Thanks all.

Those 120L really are Horrible!!
went to a Thermecon Oil boiler to-day, honeywell programmer U/S, whilst I had the prog removed from the base for testing ,The Boiler was found to be firing, found Perm & Switched Lives reversed, Never Been touched, been installed for FIFTEEN YEARS!! never been spotted
Neva assume nuffink! :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back