Suprima 60 boiler cut out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
for the past few months have had a problem with my boiler (Suprima 50).
Original problem was boiler would lockout when ever it felt like it but would reset. It appeared that the 3 way valve was not working have now changed that which has improved the system but boiler still locked out.
Yesterday noticed that the heating side would work for quite a long period but would eventually lock out, once rest heating side switched off the boiler would lock out as soon as the domestic hot water was switched at the programmer. Changed the cylinder stat with no improvement. Frustrated I started to browse the net which led me here, found some good reading ref the problem, have this morning taken my circuit board off found that the reset button had cracked soldering and a few other bad joints. Have now made the joints good. Heating side seems to be working fine now, when a demand is made for the rads the boiler will kick in and fire up doesn't cut out during operation but as soon as the domestic hot is asked for boiler cuts out and shows solid red light on panel. Please can anyone help

Sponsored Links
The boiler does not know if heating or hot water is being demanded, so it's odd that it should lock out for one and not the other.

As you have read up on Suprimas then you will be aware of the weak PCB. The retail price for this at HRPC is £220 plus VAT. If you have checked absolutely everything else then this is what you are going to have to fork out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back