Surface mounted external supply cable, unclipping?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The supply cable to our property is surface mounted, clipped to the wall of the house every 200mm onto of the existing render.

We need to have the house re-rendered, are we allowed to unclip the cable or must it be done by the supply company?

I imagine for them to do it, unclip it and then come back to re-clip it, it will be costly.

Sponsored Links
You do not want to be messing around with the supply cables. You cannot guarantee their condition and if anything goes wrong the results could be costly (in more ways than one)

Hmmm I wouldnt do it. Unless you know the age of the cable and therefore its probable condition. I'd like to think the DNO would come and unclip it and re-clip it FOC to allow maintenance to your property possible, but then again I think I'm living on cloud cuckoo with that idea! :LOL:

See how much they'd charge and let us know.

Sponsored Links
Simples
ENWL do NOT charge to unclip/reclip supply cables contact 0800 048 1820, option 4 to arrange, give as much notice as possible.
When you finish do not forget to recontact them to have them reclipped.

If it is in poor condition it will be made safe or replaced

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back