SWA cable outdoors?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
dear gents,
i was wondering what the deal is with 2.5mm and 4.0mm SWA. If you are to use this externally and you do not want to dig a trench, can you simply attach it to the walls using appropriate clips at a distance from ground which isn't accessible to public?. Distance for SWA to extend to is approx 20m.
Or would it be more appropriate to use steel conduit and standard pvc sheathed wire??

Sponsored Links
cheers for the speedy response bud.

i did say in my previous post that i'd be clipping high above the ground, but if i wanted to maintain the aesthetic appeal of the property, at the front of the house, could i clip around obstacles etc i.e. door frame and windows. The cable will travel across 3 exterior walls, on 2 of the walls it will be clipped high and out of reach. the front side is my issue, i dont like the idea of 4mm wire running across the face of my house lol id like to keep it as discreet as possible.

Cant you clip it right up under the soffit.
Failing that you can route it anyway you want, high / low or both so long as its clipped up.

Sponsored Links
dynomo said:
i dont like the idea of 4mm wire running across the face of my house lol id like to keep it as discreet as possible.

Paint it the same colour as your house? ;)

soffit as in where the roof meets the exterior wall?
if so, no, i have a 3 storey house, too much of a task if you ask me.
the front of my property has cables clipped already eg. sky, telephone wires, but they are neat and presentable, i'd like to maintain that for sure.

thats brill, didnt know the cable can be clipped anywhere, how convenient!
THANK THE LORD FOR SWA!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back