Swiftflow 75 refill??!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

I have an old swiftflow 75 comi with the pressure right down!!

I have the front cover off and the panelled in lower part under the boiler off.
I cannot find a flexi hose (or 2 unions with caps) anywhere..?

Can anyone help me with repressurising?

f9706b14.jpg

Many Thanks.
Ben.

Sponsored Links
Found it under the sink! The water flows, but pressure stays at 0, it has has pressure recently. ??

Any ideas?

Ben.

How much have you tried putting in, it will either be needs more than you have given, a burst pipe, or over pressured due to a dirty gauge.

Sponsored Links
I think the gauge was ok as there was 0.2 bar or so there the other day. I opens the taps for a few good seconds! No leaks around the rads or anywhere obvious! I'll open her up good and proper.. See if she goes up!

Thanks, Ben

Ok, have pressure going in but loosing it within 30-40 mins of filling. Found a small rad lead, tightened, but still loosing pressure! Maybe time to call someone? Leak in the loft?

Doubt it to e a leak in the loft it would more than likely come through the ceiling by now, two areas i would be suspecting.
Leak under your floor or the small pipe that comes of the boiler to outside (prv pipe) check outside to see if that is running.
If in doubt get someone out!

Any way to test the prv? When SHOULD it operate? Over a certain pressure?
Thanks. Raining outside now!

Dodgy valve that was sticking. Leaking pressure to outside.
Many thanks for your help!!
Fantastic!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back