Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the sticky diagrams.

They are much help however im not using a loop in method at the minute im installing another switch in my long kitchen as they are 2 door ways and only a switch at one end

In the existing switch the feed was brought in 2 the switch and there is just an outgoing switch line on L1 and neutral/earth to the 8 downlights with the permanent live in the common.

Ive dropped a 3 core cable in 2 the switch and brought it over to my other switch so do I now just link the 2 commons again and the L1 and L2

thanks Guys

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for response however I have a neutral down at the switch in a choc block with the neutral from the sw cable to the lights which came from the feed from the board thats why i was saying can 2 way switching be still done this way....that pic shows a sw live and a permanent live from the light as the neutral is taken from a jb or loop in........hope theres a simple solution

Sponsored Links
oh sorry so just put the existing permanent live thats in the common into L1 and the sw line into L2 then link the 2 commons....sorry to sound like a ****** here I really appreciate your help

much appreciated was sweating it couldnt be done without some sort of upheaval there

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back