Switched out my euro cylinders for anti-snap ones...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
...and feel more secure for doing so.

Literally a 15 min job on my French doors.

Went for ABS Avocet cylinder.

Would highly recommend anyone with uPVC doors and older cylinder locks to do the same as it’s pretty easy as long as you have a drill to deal with accessing the lock screw in the trailing door :)

Sponsored Links
it's a start, but French doors are a piece of cake to open unless additional security is employed.

it's a start, but French doors are a piece of cake to open unless additional security is employed.

Well I guess anyone can still throw a brick through the glass...however having seen some of the lock snapping videos on YouTube I feel better knowing my cheap locks have been replaced and it is now somewhat harder for someone to get in.

Sponsored Links
Well I guess anyone can still throw a brick through the glass...however having seen some of the lock snapping videos on YouTube I feel better knowing my cheap locks have been replaced and it is now somewhat harder for someone to get in.

All you can do is make it more difficult . But French doors are easy to prise apart unless you have shoot bolts top and bottom of each leaf.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back