Switching radiators with same brackets?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Type 11 Single-Panel Single Convector Radiator 600 x 400mm that I want to switch to Type 22 Double Panel, same size.

I want to change the radiator myself, but can only do it if the location existing valves will line up with new radiator.

I know it will be thicker and I think the same brackets can be turn around to accommodate the different depth? Will this make it closer to the wall and therefore retain the location of connections? There is very little/no give to hand move the existing pipe/valves.

Sponsored Links
should be a drawing showing the distance from wall - I had the same issue when i changed a load of imperial radiators
and had to add wood to the bracket to make ot the same distance from the wall
I used type 21 - as the type 22 just came out to far and the BTU rating was fine for the room i wanted

purchased from toolstation

where are you getting the rads from ?

have a look at screwfix

they have a PDF with dimensions for all 3 types of radiator - which is the info i used

should be a drawing showing the distance from wall - I had the same issue when i changed a load of imperial radiators
and had to add wood to the bracket to make ot the same distance from the wall
I used type 21 - as the type 22 just came out to far and the BTU rating was fine for the room i wanted

purchased from toolstation

where are you getting the rads from ?

have a look at screwfix

they have a PDF with dimensions for all 3 types of radiator - which is the info i used
Thanks. That was the one I was looking at actually. Seems like switching the brackets to the more shallow hang will get me back 11mm which counters the 11mm extra depth of type 21 rad but type 22 would still be 11mm out.

so you could add some wood to the wall and bracket to bring out 11mm
why the 22 type - dont the 21 have the correct BTU you need ????

11mm to the center of the pipe ???

dont see 11mm from the wall - thats small

Sponsored Links
so you could add some wood to the wall and bracket to bring out 11mm
why the 22 type - dont the 21 have the correct BTU you need ????

11mm to the center of the pipe ???

dont see 11mm from the wall - thats small
I need to bring it closer to wall to line up, not further out!

Had the same issue. You can buy 15mm to 1/2BSP converters which'll push out the valve.

Had the same issue. You can buy 15mm to 1/2BSP converters which'll push out the valve.
This appears to be for accommodating width shortfall distance between valve and rad, which does not solve a depth issue?

Yes and maybe! Plus you can try the brackets in both positions now.
Edit to say push the valves out towards the centre of the room!

thumbnail.jpg

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back