switchmaster actuator midi I need one please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a switchmaster actuator midi, I know they are now obsolete but if anyone knows where I can purchase one My son and I will be grateful, forever. Thank you

Sponsored Links
You'll need to change it for a more conventional mid-position valve. Someone will know the wiring connections.

Blimey even the ebay clearouts finished about 8 years ago, just change it rewire is very simple been posted up on here lots.

Blimey even the ebay clearouts finished about 8 years ago, just change it rewire is very simple been posted up on here lots.
can you recomend a brand and a shop to get a new thing and roughly how much are they?

Thanks for replying, sue.

Sponsored Links
The wiring goes like this, for most current valves which could be used as a replacement...
[code:1]Switchmaster ................... Honeywell etc
Blue ............................ blue
green/yellow......................green yellow
yellow............................white(poss brown if no white)
white.............................grey
orange/ red link together.........orange[/code:1]

A new valve will cost £50 - £100 depending. There will often be a need to alter the pipework, though you might be lucky. Depends on the location exactly. It'll probably be drained to some extent.
Total cost could be in quite a wide range, but £200 might be typical.

The wiring goes like this, for most current valves which could be used as a replacement...
[code:1]Switchmaster ................... Honeywell etc
Blue ............................ blue
green/yellow......................green yellow
yellow............................white(poss brown if no white)
white.............................grey
orange/ red link together.........orange[/code:1]

A new valve will cost £50 - £100 depending. There will often be a need to alter the pipework, though you might be lucky. Depends on the location exactly. It'll probably be drained to some extent.
Total cost could be in quite a wide range, but £200 might be typical.
Thank you for getting back so quick, I don't think my plumber wants to put a different one on, he told me to source an exact replacement. I have read some of your posts and you seem to be the oracle Chris. Thanks again.

I dont think hes really a plumber then as we all know they havent been avaible for years and its not exactly a hard job fitting a replacement even with pipework alterations

There is a brown switchmaster valve aswell, although I have only ever changed one of these and I remember it to be horrible needed all the electrical controls replaced.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back