System boiler and PRV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My neighbour has a problem with the pressure on her Worcester Greenstar condensing system boiler, the pressure dropped to nearly zero today so I tried to top it up but could not find the filling loop, no flexi loop or 'permanant' loop underneath.

She said there must be something under there because the last plumber she called toped it up under the boiler is a second!

There is absolutly nothing connected the the flow or return resembling a fliing loop, no knobs to turn or anything.

Also there is a presure relief valve which has no output the outside, strange??

Sponsored Links
Cheers for that Kev, I was looking for a place to put a key buy there really was nothing there!!

Is the built in filling loop an optional extra on these boilers?

Bad news about the PRV, why on earth would you leave it to discharge on the floor? The boiler is in a cupboard in the bedroom.

Sponsored Links
Cheers for that, just been round, no key and no place to put it!

She was more concerned about the PRV, not being a plumber, is not routing it outside the work of a cowboy? - it must be, all I can see is the 1/2 BSP thread on the outlet of the PRV pointing towards the carpet.

This is a system boiler and not a combi.

She gone out now I think, I looked through the manual while I was over there but there was no mention of filling the thing.

I'm familier with the key operated loop as we had a worcester combi in our old house but this boiler had no place to put the key, I got right underneath with my inspection lamp and all I could see that resembeld a filling loop was two 15mm iso valve looking things that were not connected to anything. the 22mm flow or return on the left had a blanking off cap as if there was supposed to be one.

How did this other plumber top it up then? He was definatly under the boiler when he did it.

There is no flexi filling loop anywhere near the boiler at all.

if there is no cold feed under the boiler then he didint fill it up from there! there must be a filling loop somewhere, try in the airing cupboard, there is normally a cold feed to the loft tanks and the feed and returns to the cylinder are in close proximity, so its a good bet its there.

Thanks for the advice, I forget the say the boiler is in the airing cupboard next to an unvented cylinder to there is a cold feed in there.

My neighbour says he definatly topped up the system under the boiler!

You're probably thinking it is there but I cant identify it but there really is nothing there. :confused:

if this is an RI system boiler it could be open vented (would explain why the prv isint connected) see if its got a f and e in the loft.

It would make sense but there's a gauge on the front which reads a fraction above zero, also she has seen the RGI plumber top up the system under the boiler.

Also she suffers from air in rads and she bled them once and she said the system pressure went down on the boiler so it cant be open vented?

:mad:

When I lay under the boiler and look up into it there is nothing attached to either the flow or return, no knobs, key slot, flexi loop or anything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back