system boiler installation

Sponsored Links
The Viessmann system boiler must be used with a pressurised sealed system.

The heat only can still be used on an open vented system or a sealed system.

Both of these can heat a cylinder which can be open vented or unvented!

Is that clear?

Tony

i think so, as plumbnuts said, the system boiler has the pump and expansion vessel inside it, so the radiator circuit must not have a feed into the F&E tank. That's simple capping off job surely ?

If I went down this system route, Is the S / Y Plan alteration reqd ?

Going back to my original question, is a decscaler unit a worthwhile addition or is not really needed if a furnox/magnaclean unit is added ?

If you want to run Weather Compensation on a heat only boiler or even a system boiler you need to make sure the Manufacturer can provide controls for this. If you are going for a system boiler then something like an ATAGQ is perfect as is the Viessmann 200. If you've got gravity hw/pumped ch then this will actually help the installation as you'll already have flow and returns for both heating and hw at the boiler location.

Sponsored Links
cheer mickyg, I'll see what comes out of the quotation process now. Do you know what the main difff. is between the 100-W system boiler and the 200-W system boiler? I can see the latter is bigger and heavier and broader KW outputs, and probably costs are bit more. Website also states "extended modulation range". Does that mean it performs better with weather comp. compared to 100-W ?

I don't know a great deal about the 200 other than its a 4pipe which makes linking up WC with a cylinder much easier.
I generally install ATAGs, and would use a Q system boiler. You could add a weather sensor and use generic controls.
Other manufacturers do have options for using WC on a system/heat only but it often means buying a specific wiring center, control panel etc... so you end up spending just as much anyway on an inferior product with over complicated user controls.
Both the ATAGs and Viessmann 200 are quality built products, much better than most of what else is available in the UK.

As far as I can remember the 200 comes complete with a very comprehensive WC built in and in an answer to whats the advantage of the 200 over the 100 the answer was that its the top of the range controls.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back