System cleaner coming out - do I need a neutraliser?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. I have just given my ch and hw primary system a clean (i used X400 from sentionel in the carton). It is coming out today, and then i want to add corrosion inhibitor (x100). Is this ok to put straight into the feed tank after the x400 has been drained, as I have heard that a neutraliser may be required to remove the acid that the cleaner provided?? Any advice before i drain and add the x100? do i need a neutraliser before? thank you for helping. Jacob.

Sponsored Links
ok, thanks. so just drain the x400 out then re-fill whilst adding x100...

is the neutraliser required only for fernox actually ??...

i useally drain it out flush it through with just water drain the refill and add x100.
neutraliser is only needed on chemicals like fx2.

Sponsored Links
seco, than you for your help. daft question but how do i flush through with cold water .... just leave the drain off open??? (do i let in run until it runs clear)?

can do it a few ways.

refill and run system for 10 mins and drain.
refill and leave draincock open
or refill then open draincock.

i useally fill then run for a few mins. gets it circulating and shift any loose muck left behind.

depends how bad the system is.

ok so to clarify, drain the x400 from the system - re-fill system normally. circulate the system for about 10 mins. then drain the system again, and if water looks ok, re-fill last time with x100.?

thanks for your help seco.

If you live in a hard water area it is a good idea to add X200 as well as the X100.

x200 - for scale??

will this prevent boiler heat exchanger noises that may happen over time, if fresh water is introduced into the system over years, eg due to drain down/repairs? also will it prevent the heat exchanger loosing efficiency??

X200 FROM SENTINEL: is boiler noise reducer. It is if limescale has accumulated on the heat exchanger (which is the hottest part of the system and where it accumulates). This will happen if fresh water has been added to your system regularly, over the years, and especially if you live in a hard water area.

It is worth adding with x100.

If you are in a hard water area you will already have scale in your system. X200 acts as a scale remover and a scale preventer, so it will remove any existing scale and prevent more accumulating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back