System heating up most but not all radiators

Just wanted to say thank you as Ive managed to sort out the problematic radiators (well most of them) turning the ones that were working forced the hot water and air into the none working ones. Once bled they heated up nicely. Although the radiator which wouldn't bleed is still being a rascal but it feels hot down by the trv so it probably just needs draining properly.

I had a look at the bleed valve (picture attached) and the radiator definitely needs draining to remove the valve I can't see how else its achieved

Attachments

• 20230503_170433.jpg
    20230503_170433.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 35
Sponsored Links
If you close both that rads valves ,it will still be full of water ,however if you unscrew the bleed valve a little, pressure will be reduced and some water will trickle out, which you can contain, and it will cease to flow completely. You can then remove the bleed valve .

Ah ok I thought you meant you can take a portion of the bleed valve out. I did realise that you can release some water to remove it and will give it a go

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back