System losing pressure/warranty question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a Keston condensing boiler which is losing approx 0.8 bar every 2 weeks.
We have lived in our house for 18 months,bought from new.Have had a small leak fixed once about 6 months ago and all was ok,but that was in summer when the boiler wasnt used.

Firstly,is that a normal amount of pressure to be losing,and if not is it a cause for concern?(I am concerned as the house has concrete floors so repairs are a nightmare)
Secondly,how do I stand with my warranty,bearing in mind our house is covered by an "architects certificate" not NHBC.Also,the developer is not exactly the most helpful of people,getting anything out of him so far has been a bit difficult.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
A quality installed system in a typical 3 bed would not loose 0.8 Bar in a year. You need to get it fixed - each time you fill it up you dilute the inhibitor and deposit more scale in the heat exchanger causing damage.

As a start check the safety valve pipe through the wall is not dripping (even very slowly).

Then carefully check all radiator valve spindles (remove the caps) and their connections to the pipework and radiators.

Otherwise its in the boiler or hidden pipework.

Pressurise boiler then isolate at ch valves under it. Leave for as long as possible . If pressure drops it's in the boiler, if not in the system.

Thanks for the quick replies,will check as suggested.
Any ideas on the house warranty side of things-do I have any rights for the developer to get the plumber back to repair it or am I out of the warranty period?(From what ive read,which is little as its hard to find any info,an architects cert doesnt cover you for anything except main the main structure of the house)?

Sponsored Links
On a new build house under NHBC warranty the builder is responsible for all your heating etc for the first 2 years. Don't know about other warranty schemes though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back