System or combi ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Real quickie. I've been told that you are not really allowed to change a system CH system(i.e. boiler, tank fed, cylinder etc) with another, it has to be a combi. I know they have to be HE but surely its down to people choice wether they want a system boiler or a combi. Can anyone throw some light on the regs and clear the confusion. Cheers

Sponsored Links
Real quickie. I've been told that you are not really allowed to change a system CH system(i.e. boiler, tank fed, cylinder etc) with another, it has to be a combi.
Whoever told you this was telling porkies.

If you want to keep your tank and cylinder no-one can stop you.

Complete load of rubbish. The new boiler must be condensing, but it can still be a system boiler and can still run on a tank fed system.

If you are looking at replacing your cylinder as well however, but don't want to lose the hot water storage, consider something like this: http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/products/ultrapower_sxi.asp

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, thought that was the case. Looked at those glowworm boilers, very good but may be too big for this job. Many thanks.
Robin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back