t cut or other cleaning solutions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
been removing graphics of my van today, graphics/ vinyl have left a shadow in paint work , tried a t cut solutions but no joy , does anybody no off any solutions or other way of removing marks were vinyl has been on advertising my name etc
t cut i used was car plan t cut
any help would be appreated

Sponsored Links
Funny I've been doing exactly the same today, but not for me.....
I used a heat gun to soften the vinyl, and peeled the letters off.
The resulting glue I shifted with brake cleaner...its toluene based and shifts almost anything. Carburettor cleaner is similar, it evaporates very quickly and doesn't seem to touch the paint at all.
A light rub over with T Cut and jobs done, ready for polish.
John :)

thanks for your reply
its not the glue which is left on its the discolured / shadow were lettering has been tried t cut no joy what can i do next

Head for your nearest motor factor, and buy a more aggressive cutting compound. Its about all you can do.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Its possible that the paint underneath has not faded like the rest as its not been exposed to the light so the colouring may well go quite deep.

Its possible that the paint underneath has not faded like the rest as its not been exposed to the light so the colouring may well go quite deep.

I agree, the paint that was under the lettering will not have suffered from de-pigmentation. So it will be the exposed paint that will have suffered. It's more that likely that no matter how hard you rub it and with what, you'll always be able to tell that the van had been lettered.

I don`t think you`ll ever get it to a point to which you won`t know it was sign written, but G3 is pretty good stuff, and you`ll have to use a mechanical buffer and plenty of the compound, you`ll be months doing it manually........

If you're really fussed about getting the paintwork to look good again, pay a local valeter to mop the sides for you, as stated above, a machine polish will bring it back, i know 'cause we do it at work. But, with hindsight i must say, in certain light sometimes you can just make out a shadow, but this is usually under artificial light inside.
As also mentioned, G3 should do the job.:cool:

thanks for replys
had a cosmetic paint restorer round today to look at paint work on van.
van is a red burgundy colour which is just coming up to 3 yrars old in may,
he feels discolured paint work were stickers have been will not polish out as paint has change colour more so bonnet.
he is going to do some other marks on van were its scratched
and going to try polish bonnet

Sponsored Links
Back