T+E and 13A plug

Did I read this correctly? 8 electric showers?

So that is around 300A current draw, simultaneously. NOT a typical domestic supply. So wouldn't such an installation require much more stringent testing and certification?

WRT to the pub wiring: the government wants us to adopt European drinking habits, perhaps using European wiring methods in pubs is a step towards this? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I think it was 8 - I'll try to get a photo (when they're empty, you'll be pleased to hear). Dunno what power they are ...

i would expect to see at least 3 phase 100A/phase in an install like that

Sponsored Links
Nope, they're definitely individual electric ones - I'll have a proper look next time I'm there

They may well be electric, but power showers instead of instantaneous...

I don't think there's any way of heating water there, other than electrically (no hot tank etc) - heating is plug-in convectors, hot water in the kitchenette is via that device described in my initial post .... I'll have a look

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back