Table circular saw advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,
I am looking for a 250mm table saw with a light trade-use rating in order to get reasonable quality and a decent, solid rip fence. The saw will be used for all the usual stuff and should preferably not be too heavy for transporting. I do not want a light domestic machine which flexes under load and a flimsy rip fence which never stays true. Therefore the circa £100 Rexon' etc won't do, but the well engineered Metabo/ Electra Beckum TS250, DeWalt flip saw, etc circa £400-550 may be a bit extravagant.
Can anyone please comment on the Draper or Hitachi table saws in the in the middle of my pricerange, circa £300? Both are claimed to be trade use rated, but then they would say that.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
I'd say look at the Bosch or Ryobi (ETS) portables, but they may be outside your budget unless you can find a secondhand one

Scrit

Thanks. I thought Ryobi was home DIY-focussed brand- am I wrong? The Draper I was thinking of looks very similar to the Axminster BTS10pp. Problem with the web is that most of these machines have similar specs and look similar, it is only when you see them in the flesh you can check construction quality.

Sponsored Links
Ryobi still do a number of trade tools (for example their big chop saw, the EMS 1830)

EMS1830SC.jpg

the ETS1825 saw is another trade-rated tool (as they also do a 110volt version for site use):

ets1825.jpg

Seems to run at about £260 to £280 street price. I used a Ryobi 1500 watt industrial router for many years without any problems.

Scrit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back