Tablet Non Charging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, a bit of help please, on my wife's tablet the pin of the charger got bent became loose and then broke away, I soldered on a new pin but it showed the battery as charging but it was not. I bought a new charger and that is the same it shows that the battery is charging and you can use the tablet plugged in but the battery does not charge, it charged fine before the pin got bent. any ideas please. Reg7

Sponsored Links
Try & do a Google, with the tablet name & maybe add it to your post here.
Its a bit like saying the tv isn't working

Hi Diyisfun, I bought the tablet NEW on ebay it's a 10.2 android SmartPad V10 with Jelly bean & Ice cream set up. It's 5V 2A AC but other than that I don't know. Reg7

How old is it?
If its only a few month contact the seller, I returned a tablet after a few months got my £££ back, just said I wasn't happy & its faulty.
Might be worth a try

Sponsored Links
Yes I would like to do that but as our luck goes it's 15 months old 3 over the warranty Reg7

Does it have a round pin plug on the charger? well known for failing on all the cheaper tablets. It the female socket on the tab that fails.

Hi foxhole, I think you have hit the nail on the head. Yep it has got a round pin plug, this all started when the charger lead was plugged in at a stretch, the plug got bent and the pin came away from the plug. I've bought a new charger and the tablet is working on the mains, it shows the battery is charging but its not. So I think the female socket is at fault from what you say, would you know if I can replace the female socket????. Thanks Reg7

Sponsored Links
Back