Android tablet battery charging problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a Goclever tablet that won't charge/hold charge.

I plug the charger into the tablet and get a battery symbol on the screen for a couple of seconds and that is about it, not sure if the battery is goosed or the charger, the item is only 2 months old.

I have the back off so would like to know how to test the battery, can anyone advise, please.

Sponsored Links
2 months old you just return it for a refund. NOT A REPAIR!

Once you let them repair it, if it fails again, you cannot ask for a refund under 'Not of merchantable quality' rule of the Trades description Act.

Unfortunately, like mobile phones once you have had it for more than 14 days it has to be returned first for inspection, which happens to be in Poland or somewhere in that region.

Also I bought it off someone else when it was a week old so the receipt/proof of purchase isn't available. :(

Sponsored Links
I was hoping for a more technical suggestion than that :)

Like get your meter out and try this etc. etc.

Is it possible to access the battery terminals with a multimeter?
If so - appliance off, meter set to an appropriate voltage range (DC)
Take a reading - its likely to indicate the correct battery voltage.
Turn the appliance on, and look for a voltage drop....it shouldn't be much at all.
If it is, the battery is goosed or the charger isnt functioning.
How you can check the charger output if it has one of those multi contact plugs is very difficult......much easier if its only a two pole type as per the older Nokia.
Hope this helps - but I doubt it!
John :)

Thanks John

I will go in to work today and get my trust multi-meter and try what you suggest.

Common problem on the cheaper tablets, sockets get easily damaged. returned two faulty units and then got money back on the third.

Unfortunately, like mobile phones once you have had it for more than 14 days it has to be returned first for inspection, which happens to be in Poland or somewhere in that region.

Believe that you will believe anything.

Sponsored Links
Back