Tag

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have moved into a house that has a 'tag' alarm system. The system is saying 'active Fault Battery 401' Restore required.

The company displayed on the screen who I guess fitted the system are uncontactable and the Bleep Alarm is driving me mad!

I've tried putting the alarm tag to the sytem but all this does is delay the noise for about a minute - does anyone know how I can I either reset the alarm or at least turn it off until after the Bank Holiday? Thanks

Sponsored Links
The only possible way of helping is to know the make of alarm control panel.

Post ANY Name / Numbers etc on the Control Panel & or Keypad then we'll see what we can do to help you replace the faulty battery inside the main box.

Got a Screwfix near you?

Post ANY Name / Numbers etc on the Control Panel & or Keypad then we'll see what we can do to help you replace the faulty battery inside the main box.

Got a Screwfix near you?

The only name I can see is tag and there is no name on the fob

Got a Screwfix near you?

The only name I can see is tag and there is no name on the fob
OK, as I've already hinted at the display is telling you that there is a faulty battery.

You need to open the Control Panel, remove & replace the battery.

If you're happy to do this >

Open the Panel, a Tamper alarm will sound
Present your Fob or enter your code, the noise will stop
WARNING - 240v inside
Remove the battery
Get a replacement, re-fit & close the Panel
Present your Fob or enter your code to bring the panel back to 'Off / Day' mode

Maplin or Screwfix for the battery.

Just a thought, removing the battery 'might' solve the problem short term' it'll keep running on the mains supply, but I expect you will still have the beeping

Sponsored Links
Is the "tag" in the top left corner and text in blue. If so it sounds like a Castle Caretech Control unit. Prob a Euro Mini.

last post should still be ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back