Taking mains pipe off water tank?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My plumber has told me he can pipe in an electric shower using the mains that feeds my cold and hot water tanks:

tank3.jpg

The flat I live in has an Elson twin storage unit, and it seems when the property was built the installers didn't realise that my flat happens to have an accessible loft area!

So would there be any problems taking the mains from here, straight up into the loft, and then down into the bathroom?

Since it seems so straightforward, I fancy doing it myself with some Hep20...what would be the best way to connect to the copper? Tee off to the left of the green line, or is there a 'crossroads' connection that would work?

Thanks!

Simon.

Sponsored Links
Or maybe a better question is... (assuming that there's no problems taking the mains from here)...if I use Speedfit or Hep20 15mm equal tee, how should I cut the copper?

Just one cut through the copper pipe and then simply push it in the pushfit Tee, or should I take some more of the copper out? Like 10mm maybe?

This is my first plumbing task so I'm sorry for asking such simple questions!

Simon.

Take the feed off the supply to the tank and tee into the pipe.
You may have to cut out 20mm or so depending on the fitting ensuring both ends go all the way to the stop in the fitting.
Cut the pipe with a proper cutter or you will have leaks, either purchase one or employ a plumber as you need proper tools to avoid leaks.
Good luck ;)

Sponsored Links
All done. Got the plumber to do it as the stopcock started leaking when I tried to turn the water off!!

Simon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back