Tamperproof switched spur

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello chaps :)

I'm trying to source a switched spur which can not be switched off by mistake.

It is for a fridge in a public building. At present there is a non switched spur, but this is not really suitable for tesing and maintanence purposes.

The kitchen is not a commercial kitchen, and all the accesories are white plastic MK logic plus. I've had a look through their catalogue and can't find anything like this in the logic plus range (unless I'm being blind :LOL: )

I was thinking something along these lines, but don't wan't to have to use metal clad.

I suppose I could spray it white, but that will probably look properly sh...

My only other thought was to grid it up, but I would prefer to use something designed for this application.

Sponsored Links

Just by mistake? Or also by people who will try to defeat any security measures?

My only other thought was to grid it up, but I would prefer to use something designed for this application.
Surely a grid is designed for this - i.e. an application where you want a keyswitch and a fuse?

Sponsored Links
Or a 3 gang front and include a flex outlet.......

However, I find the grid flex outlets to be poor - It only takes a small tug to smach the front to pieces.

Just by mistake? Or also by people who will try to defeat any security measures?

I don't think it will be subjected to malicious abuse, It just occasionally got switched off by someone tyring to be helpful by turning everything off at the end of their meeting (including the heaters, so it ends up with no heating for the next group) :evil:

Surely a grid is designed for this - i.e. an application where you want a keyswitch and a fuse?

I think this is looking like the soloution, but IMO it is not quite as neat as a plastic version of the key switch spur in my picture, and it means fitting a deep backbox to accomodate the depth of a fuse grid module

Maybe I'm just too fussy :(

Masterseal single-gang box with 2 grid modules...

Serious Q - is there an emergency isolation issue if you use a key switch?

serious answer...

EPO button?

But why not a switch engraved "Fridge: Do not switch off"

you didn't mention them before

put it high up then?

There are wall units in the way. :LOL:

I think a key switch really is the best idea. I'll get it engraved too if you really want :D

Seen a spur with a proper KEY switch on it, dont know the make.
Seen them on fire alarms , problem is they were RED.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back