Tap Wrench

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a query about the tap wrench is there a slimmer version of the tap wrench as the one i have is too big to get into the space left for me.
I am asking this as i am a Janitor at one of are schools and up to now i have had to call some in just to tighten up tap nut, or will i have to grind the one i have down till it fits

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Hi

Thank you for getting back to me Yes it is the Adjustable one and when the sinks where put in place there is no room to get a wrench in to tighten the nuts, its the claw of the wrench that is to bulky (may be i could grind it down to fit)
I did see one that was a lot slimmer than the one i have (may be an older one)
I was thinking of getting a box spanner and cutting a slot in it to go over the pipe but have as yet not found one.
If it was me i would make every designer learn every trade before letting them become a designer

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
This IS the slimmest of the basin wrenches. If you attach a loop and length of string you can pull the jaw onto the nut...
Basinwrenchwithstring.jpg

If you need a piece of string to get the tool to work properly it must be a lousy design!

Try a 'Bearhug' wrench, from e.g. BES or Toolstation! No string needed.

i have seen these bearhugs are they actually any good though, i'm all for something that makes my job easier but haven't been able to get hold of one to play with

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back