Tapmate Lupo problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Tapmate Lupo single hole kitchen mixer tap which was installed 2 years ago. Recently the body has started to move in the stainless steel sink when swivelling the spout. I have tightened the fixing nut but the spout is so stiff it still moves the body.
The installer didn't leave any instructions and I can't find any on the web.
Does anyone know, please, how I can free off the spout as I can't see how it comes apart?

Thanks

Grum

Sponsored Links
I am a boiler engineer and not a plumber! nevertheless I have noticed that many have either a grub screw at the back or will come up and out if they are turned either 90° or a little more.

When they are very tight its often difficult to know when they are free or not!

Taps should be serviced regularly ( like boilers ). I would clean and dry it and wire brush off all corrosion and then add stickey silicone grease.

Tony Glazier

Thanks for the reply, Tony.

I have had another look at the tap but there isn't a grub screw. I will try turning the spout round further and see if it releases.

Regards,

Grum

Hi Grum,

Bit late in the day but it might help someone else.

I've taken my Lupo apart, the bottom plate (about 4mm thick) unscrews, if you completely unscrew it you can slide the casing off, this has a series of gaskets and a lot of what I assume is silicone grease inside it.....maybe I shouldn't have done that! By leaving this plate slightly loose it allows the tap to turn easier, as yours was once working I suspect it may as Tony says need a clean and regrease, I don't know enough on the subject to advise how this should be done.

Sponsored Links
I had the same problem when I fitted a Lupo recently so I phoned Tapmate's Customer Service - very helpful.

KelvinP is quite right, you have to remove the tap and adjust the play with the bottom plate. Don't forget to put silicon grease on the gaskets.

A bad design or what :confused:

Just noticed the date of the OP. Oh well, may help someone else :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back