TAPPING NOISE IN CHIMNEY BREAST AND LOFT EVERY DAY

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
NOISE LIKE BOUNCING GOLFBALL ON CONCRETE EVERY MORNING APPROX 5-5.45AM THEN AT DIFFERENT TIMES DURING DAY. NOT AT NIGHT. BEEN GOING ON FOR OVER A YEAR. help...

Sponsored Links
Do you have a back boiler - or was there one previously and the pipes still run in/near the chimney area?

I wondered why Santa never made it last year. He's in the chimney.

Sponsored Links
I have had that sound in my bathroom ceiling over the past few years, it's the house sparrows that come back and pay us a visit and increase the sparrow population 2 or 3 times a year... ;) As for this being related to plastering, there's a lot of "bonding" going on and when they have "finished" they are "rendered" completely knackered.. :LOL:

I've had few jobs with similar descriptions
Have check your chimney head possible loose chimney pots / cans / sattalite disk or an over size aerial pole Or loose roughcast maybe there's an expansion pipe next to or behind the chimney

When you hear the noise try and check outside check for any birds squirrels or any wild life or any of the above things. I've had to open up chimney breasts on a few occasions to remove wildlife and other strange items I hope this helps and good luck.

I too suffered from this in it was our next door neighbours boiler. They'd had it upgraded or something and the plumber never installed the pipes with any clearance from the walls so when the boiler pump ran the pipes vibrated against the walls. I ended up going next door and managed to fit some pipe clips to hold them from the wall and now no more noise. Hope its something easy like this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back