taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
why do the taps on my new bath keep working loose.Ihave tightened one of them up twice but it still works loose.They are tightened up with the flimsy looking plasticky nut under the bath which I dont want to over do as the bath is 8mm plastic.Is there a tip to this job.

Sponsored Links
Yes, and Ialso put some mastic on it but tap still works loose.How much pressure wil the plastic 'nut' take ? or can I replace it with a brass one.

you may want to try this, you may not.

put genuine silicone sealant in the thread of the nut, and on its face tighten nut up as far as you can, leave it for 24 hours.

Theory being it will "glue" the nut, but unlike glue / thread locker you can remove it if you have to

Sponsored Links
i agree palstic nuts are not very good, but i was thinking a brass one might "dig in" to the bath itself / strip the tap thread, if overtightened / cheap tap

kevplumb said:
thats what top hats are for
tap tails
(groan) :LOL:

i wpuld like to see how you fit
images
this to a tap

willa said:
breezer are you a plumber ?
i dont think thats what kev meant

No, i am not a plumber, and i KNOW thats not what kevplumb meant, its my sense of humour. You will get used to it. Welcome to the forums willa, oh and house keeper (your profile) doesn't sound too good, why not change it to Domestic engineer

domestic engineer refers to willa's profile, currently it says "house keeper"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back