Tax rises and the Autumn statement

And you claim he was wrong?

How did he cause Lehmans to collapse? How did he cause American banks to lend money to people who couldn't pay it back? How did he cause American investors to buy overpriced and worthless schemes? How did he make Bear Stearns insolvent? How did he cause the US Congress to pass banking laws encouraging reckless lending, and to repeal parts of the Glass-Steagall Act?

Show me your evidence.
Yes he made things worse because british banks weren't properly regulated, RBS for example should not have been allowed to make disastrous acquisitions of failing US banks. And national regulation didn't protect the public's savings as they should have. Brown was in denial, claiming he was mislead. ******, he deliberately presided over a light touch regulation because labour policy was to go light touch on the private sector and hammer the public sector with over the top inspection regimes.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Much of Eastern Europe was also destroyed. But did not have a miraculous recovery. Until after 1990.

1930's US and UK did not suffer a war.

So destruction is not the solution.
The Americans pumped billions into Europe after WW2, in order to aid recovery.
The Soviet sector couldn't because they were skint.

Labour has said it would train 7,500 more doctors and 10,000 more nurses a year
Where are all these nurses going to come from.?
My brother was terminally ill in hospital, i have admit he got great care from the staff.
Every other member of staff including doctors were foreigners.
Isn't the NHS already having problems filling vacancies.

Sponsored Links
The Americans pumped billions into Europe after WW2, in order to aid recovery.
The Soviet sector couldn't because they were skint.

I think you've got the idea. Shovelling in money works.

Austerity just makes it worse.

Yes he made things worse because british banks weren't properly regulated, RBS for example should not have been allowed to make disastrous acquisitions of failing US banks. And national regulation didn't protect the public's savings as they should have. Brown was in denial, claiming he was mislead. ******, he deliberately presided over a light touch regulation because labour policy was to go light touch on the private sector and hammer the public sector with over the top inspection regimes.

Blup

So if you were correct, you should be able to show that UK fell more, and recovered less, than our European peers.

Go on then, try.

So if you were correct, you should be able to show that UK fell more, and recovered less, than our European peers.

Go on then, try.
Like brexhit blame is put om world economic conditions, that isn't the whole picture.

Blup

Where are all these nurses going to come from.?
My brother was terminally ill in hospital, i have admit he got great care from the staff.
Every other member of staff including doctors were foreigners.
Isn't the NHS already having problems filling vacancies.
They will come from abroad, because staff are leaving the nhs, which is more of a political football then ever.

Blup

Brown was in denial, claiming he was mislead. ******, he deliberately presided over a light touch regulation because labour policy was to go light touch on the private sector and hammer the public sector with over the top inspection regimes
Your posts contain an awful lot of opinion stated as fact.

You use phrases such as “Brown was in denial” - totally subjective, impossible to quantify impossible to prove.

claiming he was mislead
again opinion stated as fact, unless you can provide evidence it means nothing.

Yes he made things worse because british banks weren't properly regulated
But you claimed UK suffered worse than mainland Europe, but the evidence doesn’t show that -Europes biggest economy Germany suffered more.

was to go light touch on the private sector and hammer the public sector with over the top inspection regimes
Are you saying private sector had less inspection regimes than public?

What were these “over the top inspection regimes”

It seems to me Blup you are a supporter of the Corbyn left and you hate the centre left of the Labour Party and you post stuff based on your bias not facts.

Your posts contain an awful lot of opinion stated as fact.

You use phrases such as “Brown was in denial” - totally subjective, impossible to quantify impossible to prove.

again opinion stated as fact, unless you can provide evidence it means nothing.

But you claimed UK suffered worse than mainland Europe, but the evidence doesn’t show that -Europes biggest economy Germany suffered more.

Are you saying private sector had less inspection regimes than public?

What were these “over the top inspection regimes”

It seems to me Blup you are a supporter of the Corbyn left and you hate the centre left of the Labour Party and you post stuff based on your bias not facts.
Yes mixed fact and opinion, its a forum not a PPE exam.

Blup

Supporting re nationalisation, sensible taxation to deliver services, a decent health service is not corbyn lefism, its mainstream european social democracy. Kier as the saviour of the country is a curious notion.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Back