Taxi Driver

Sponsored Links
I lived at Withington when i was at Uni, near Withington hospital.............

I lived at Withington when i was at Uni, near Withington hospital.............

It's gone now - new houses built on the existing site, but a new "community hospital" built nearby.

Friend of mine lives in Chorlton, near the cemetary ;)

Withington is not rough anymore....

Moss Side has its good bits.

Cheetham Hill however is still pants. No offence to any residents of CH.

I lived in Gorton many years ago. Always having stuff nicked and being broken into. I got sick of it: some kids nicked the sat dish off the roof while we were in bed one night...

Sponsored Links
Events like these call for a kneejerk reaction. My kneejerk reaction is quite radical.

Ban taxi drivers!

Well, it's about as logical as banning guns. :rolleyes:

Poor $od was probably driven to it by the price of fuel.

I believe the family solicitor was another of the victims, as was another taxi driver. A lot of the shootings were random and from what I understand from a mate who lives just around the corner from one, point blank range.

Even though I don't see the need to ban all guns given they do have a legitimate use in the countryside. I know a lot of people who own guns, some are farmers and others use them for sport.

same old story, nutcase goes mental and shoots some poor sods, other nutcases then call for a total ban. :rolleyes:

having said that some of the ****s round my local gun club probably need looking at. :LOL:

The mobile phone network also went down just to add to the problem.

the mobile phone network was probably taken down.. to stop people from sending pictures and video of the victims until they were all identified and their relatives notified..
imagine seing / getting / finding a pic / vid of your son / daughter / wife / etc being killed before you'd been told about it..

I know someone that happened to, was on facebook before the parents found out.
I hope it wasn't taken down purposely as nobody could phone anyone to tell them to get indoors.

I know someone that happened to, was on facebook before the parents found out.
I hope it wasn't taken down purposely as nobody could phone anyone to tell them to get indoors.
Of course it was, this is how we are now controlled in this digital age, rightly or wrongly.

Wotan

The latest is that this shooting tragedy was triggerred by a row over family inheritance FFS :rolleyes:

I think it VERY likely the mobile phone network was taken down,

its the first thing the police do to control information flow at a major incident.

Standard procedure to take down all mobile networks in cases of extreme deaths/ casualty.

Stems from terrorist activity ( they might have left a few surprises for emergency services and could detonate via a mobile )

Perhaps part of the Gun license application should contain a psychological profile.

Sponsored Links
Back